If you have been a reader of my former blog, you probably know that I love music and creating mixtapes for others to enjoy. I had to part with some topics that really didn’t fit the theme of green and sustainable living, but saying goodbye to my music feature was a little bit too hard.
Since I still wanted to change things up a little bit, I came up with the idea to create these mixes solely with songs I found on Noisetrade. Noisetrade is a pretty great concept, where artists can upload a few songs or some special recordings. You can download them for free or pay as much as you like to support the artist. It’s a great way for less-known artists to get some attention and for you to get to know tons of new music. You can even search for the artists you already love and find similar ones. Just like paradise for a music lover like me. And well, supporting smaller artists (and legal downloading) is a little part of sustainable living, right? So here you go, the first mix.
1. Austin Basham – Lost at Sea
2. Robert Francis – Little Girl
3. Rachel Yamagata – Line
4. Said The Whale – The Light is You
5. Passenger – Feather on the Clyde
6. Open Country – Down The Line
7. William Fitzsimmons – Beautiful Girl
8. History of Painters – Only What the Spring Can Bring