Hey guys! Summer is finally here and I couldn’t be happier. It’s time to start reading more books and enjoy as much time outside as possible: I’m so looking forward to long picknicks in the park, barbecues and of course, sitting outside with a great novel (and an iced-coffee in hand). Don’t you agree that’s what summer was made for?
Today my first university appointment was at 4 pm (yes, the student life…), so I spend my morning with a long and leisurely brunch and later headed to the library to get a big stash of books for summer. Now I can’t wait to start reading them and discover new stories and adventures (good thing I finished watching Hart of Dixie last week…). I always put together a reading list at the beginning of every season, go to the library to see what I can find and maybe order a few of the others.
Here’s what’s on my reading list this summer (if you want to check them out too – you can find a description if you click on the title):
Villette | Charlotte Brontë
The Paris Wife | Paula McLain
Maisie Dobbs | Jacqueline Winspear
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao | Junot Díaz
Veronica Decides to Die | Paolo Coelho
The Secret of Lost Things | Sheridan Hay
Incendiary | Chris Cleave
How to Fall in Love | Cecelia Ahern
Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand | Helen Simonson
The Marriage Plot | Jeffrey Eugenides
Hey there guys! Looks like I have kind of taken an unintentional blog break there. Life has been good lately and I’ve enjoyed going out with friends, picknicks in the backyard, trips to the museum, reading some great books, trying new recipes and so much more. All instead of sitting in front of the computer. I’m really happy about that change, but I must say that I definitely missed you and this space!
This weekend I’m going to visit some friends. Two years ago I visited Kenya with a group of people and now we’re all meeting up again! We have only seen each other once since Kenya (as the whole group), so I can hardly wait to see everybody and hear what they have been up to.
Here’s some other things I have enjoyed lately:
1. Yesterday I finished reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I loved it, though the ending is so sad. Can’t wait to talk about it in Danielle’s Between Two Books column this month! Next I’m starting Villette by Charlotte Bronte and I’ve also just bought Veronica Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho (I’ve pledged to read 50 books in 2014 on Goodreads and I’m actually on track at the moment!).
2. I’ve been cooking some more lately and I’m really into everything Thai and Chinese at the moment. Put some coconut oil and soy sauce in and I’m happy. I might even be sharing a recipe next week (depends on how the pictures turn out). And I can’t wait to try this recipe (so easy!).
3. I’ve really enjoyed the Casual Friday posts on A Beautiful Mess. I always love to get little Behind The Scenes insights (on other blogs as well).
4. Have you seen Tana Gandhi’s Macaron’s vs Nature project? So cool (I wish I could have come up with it myself). I especially like the one with the roses and the pink macaron.
5. Yesterday I ordered some Converse sneakers in black. They are my first Converse ever and I can’t wait for them to arrive (This is probably going to be my summer uniform then).
6. I love this idea of picturing your life, designed by Diana. Definitely want to do the same in a quiet minute.
7. Could I please move in here?
What fun things have you been up to lately? And what are you up to this weekend?