It’s the first Sunday in Advent tomorrow, Christmas songs are playing, my favourite time of the year is upon us! Since Christmas is always here before you know it, I’m determined to make the most of it this year! It’s the loveliest time of the year, after all!
Christmas Season 2017
1. Getting my very own Christmas tree. In my old flat there wasn’t actually room for a tree, but now that I have a grown-up apartment, I want a Christmas tree as well! I will buy it the American way and put it up on the first of December. Can’t wait to decorate and sit under the lights with a cuppa tea.
2. Making cookies. I’ve been in a baking mood for months and now it’s finally time to try all the recipes!
3. Crafting and making presents. I haven’t actually made the time to be creative lately and what better time to craft than Christmas? I want to make some garlands (maybe with oranges), candles, everything!
4. Re-watching my holiday favourites. I always watch the Gilmore Christmas episodes, You’ve Got Mail, The Holiday, Bridget Jones and of course – Love Actually. Any other tips?
5. Making all my meals festive. Adding cinnamon to everything from coffee to porridge bowls, having hearty soups for dinner, drinking endless cups of hot chocolate – you know the drill.
6. The annual Christmas brunch with my friends. It’s another meal after eating for three days on end, but it’s always so much fun!
7. Reflecting on 2016 and making plans for the New Year. I’m a big goal setter and planner, so writing down what I want to do and where I want to go in 2017 is always a highlight.
8. Trying to find ways to make my Christmas gifts more mindful and environmentally friendly. I’m looking for ideas to give-away gifts with a purpose and use recycled wrapping as well. What are you giving away this season?
9. Going to the Christmas market and seeing lights everywhere. I know it’s always way too busy and there’s stressed people everywhere, but I still like it.
10. And of course: Making everything cosy! This is something that really pays off once the dreary months of January and February are here – even those don’t seem so bad when there are candles and hygge all around.
What are you looking forward to in the new season?
Happy Sunday friends. Life is GOOD at the moment. Busy, of course, but filled with lots of fun, opportunities, and great people. This weekend was relaxed and slow and definitely what I needed to get ready for next week.
Links of the week
1. Spread a little kindness.
2. 10 Things to do before the year ends.
3. How much do our faces change during the day? Fascinating!
5. I got back into Instagram (thanks to the lovely Sara Tasker). Follow along!
Memories of the week: Life is good!
1. Yesterday, I went to see the new Woody Allen film, Café Society. It was fun and a nice evening, but definitely not one of his best movies.
2. On Thursday, I went to Cologne to see Patrick Salmen live. If you don’t know him, he’s a German poetry slammer and SO funny. We laughed till we were crying and had the most amazing time.
3. On Tuesday, I met up with an old friend I hadn’t seen in more than two years. We got pizza and talked for hours, it was a great time.
4. I’ve got into the habit of getting up extra-early every morning (5.30 am). Still working on it.
5. Autumn is almost over and Christmas is coming so I’ve started listening to Christmas songs on Spotify. Time to get in the holiday mood!
Happy Sunday peeps! Another great autumn week is over (already) and I’m enjoying a slow day at home. I feel like life is really moving forward at the moment and I’m so excited about it. That’s why slow Sundays are even more important to re-charge for what’s ahead. I love spending the day not looking at the time, reading, baking, writing, blogging, going outside and then finishing it with the evening service at church. What’s your Sunday routine?
Links of the week
1. 30 Goal Ideas to nourish your mind, body and soul. I will definitely try the one-tab challenge soon!
2. Sadly shipping to Germany is a little expensive, but I love the Unsolicited Advice 2017 planner by artist Adam J. Kurtz.
3. I need a bouncer for my brain.
4. You can stream Leo DiCaprio’s climate change documentary Before The Flood on YouTube at the moment. Go ahead and watch it, it’s such an important topic.
5. Also, The Crown is on Netflix now! I’ve heard so many amazing things about the show on Queen Elisabeth II. life – the perfect autumn watch in my opinion.
Memories of the week
1. As I mentioned last week, it was a short work week because I had Monday and Tuesday of. It was a lovely time at home with lots of walks in the sunshine, Gilmore Girls nights with my mom and meet-ups with old friends. Can we do this again soon please?
2. I’m on a real banana bread-making roll at the moment and tried two new and yummy recipes this week! Can’t stop eating it.
3. I’m reading Bob Goff’s ‘Love Does’ at the moment and I can highly recommend it. It’s heart-warming, inspiring and funny too.
4. Yesterday I started a course on discipleship and I’m really excited about it. It’s going to run for four months and we’re really going to deepen our relationship with God. So expectant for what’s to come!
5. I also went to the theatre yesterday and saw Evita! It was so good and so much fun. I love going to the theatre (or ballet) and wish I could go more often – goal for this upcoming ‘dark’ season.
Goals for next week
I really need to take better care of my body and form some healthy habits again. Especially since it’s getting darker I tend to be a slacker in this department, so I want to set myself a few (tiny) healthy challenges each week til the end of the year.
1. Start taking my vitamins again. My doctor prescribed a few and I’ve been a real slacker lately. Need to get back on that health-train!
2. Eat at the dinner table. It’s a little embarrassing to call this a ‘goal’, but I’ve started to eat in front of the TV again.
3. Read a chapter of my book before turning on Netflix.
4. Clean my apartment before turning on Netflix and make it cosy.
5. Listen to one sermon every day.
That’s it for this week folks. Hope you’re having a wonderful Sunday!
Happy November! This is a cliché thing to say, but can you believe October is over already? The last few weeks went by SO quickly and I guess it will be Christmas time in a heartbeat. Autumn is still in full swing over here and it’s simply beautiful: Sunshiny days and golden leaves everywhere. What about you?
Links & Memories
1. Today has been a public holiday in Germany and I took yesterday off, so I’ve had a glorious long weekend back home. As I said the weather is beautiful at the moment, so we went for a long hike on Sunday and for short evening walks every other day.
2. The first Gilmore Girls trailer has been released last week and now I really can’t wait. What about you?
3. I was sick for a few days last week (boo) and started watching Full House again – I used to watch it as a kid and it’s still fun! Has anybody watched it lately? And do you have thoughts on Fuller House?
4. On Saturday we went for a few drinks out withnold friends from school. We went to our favourite pub in my hometown – it was so much fun and really felt like old times again.
5. Yesterday was a fun and relaxed couch day for me and I discovered Katy’s blog. Give it a read if you’re in for some nice lifestyle posts!
I really hope this nice autumn weather’s going to continue for a couple more days – I’m really in the swing of autumn right now, eating pumpkins and drinking cider. Hope you have a great autumn week too!